Fantastic opportunity to run a National Trail in a day!
31st January 2015
The Peddars Way runs from the Suffolk border to the North Norfolk Coast, all very runnable even in the winter and navigation is easy! Total distance 47 miles approx.
Good support throughout, well stocked checkpoints approximately every 12.5 miles. You must have completed a run of at least 26.2 in the last 12 months. Medals are awarded to everyone who completes within 12 hours.
Colin Stark winning time in 2014 was 6:14:13 and Karen Doak was the first lady in 8:17:20.
David Mould (9:49:57) summed up the 2014 race tweeting : “Inaugural #peddarswayultra was totally epic. Well done @positivestepspt you organised a great event”
Coach available to take runners from Holme next the Sea (finish) back to the start leaving at 06:00, again NO facilities available!
- Carry during the race sufficient water/food to last 12 1⁄2 miles
- Carry full waterproofs and an additional base layer (this is a winter challenge!)
- Wear suitable running shoes for off road running
- Fully charged mobile to be carried
- Suitable torch to be carried for night hours
- Wear reflective item during night hours